Monday, June 27, 2011

Psalm 26: My Version

Forgive me, oh Lord,
   for I have led a sinful life.
I have wandered from the Lord
   and faltered
Don't test me, oh Lord, or try me
   for I would fail
   If you examine my heart and mind
   you will find a shameful wretch.

I sit among the deceitful
   and I am a hypocrite
I love the assembly of evildoers
   and refuse to sit with the righteous
I was my hands in blood
   and go about your world, oh Lord,
   proclaiming myself a god
   and bragging of my sinful deeds.

Lord, I love my house and my stuff
   and your glory is far from my heart.
My soul would be taken with the sinners,
   my life with bloodthirsty men,
   in whose hands are wicked schemes
   whose right hands are full of bribes.
 But you have led a blameless life and died a sinners death
   to deliver me and be merciful to me.

My feet stand on level ground
   in the great assembly I will praise the LORD.

*the original Psalm 26*

No comments:

Post a Comment